Our club's formation is recorded as 1922, by members of Kempston East Wesleyan Church, but didn't start playing serious matches until 1924 when with other Free Church clubs in the District it helped to constitute the Bedford Free Church Cricket League. This makes us the oldest cricket club in Kempston. The Championship Shield was won five times, the last time being in 1936. This league lapsed during World War II.
In 1968 the club became a founding member of the Bedford Midweek League and have been playing in this league every season since. In 1989 the club moved to the Cryselco Lamp Factory’s Sports Ground in Woburn Road, now called Cryselco Park. Our facilities here include changing rooms and showers, tea room and toilets. The playing area is looked after by our own members.
In the 1990's we played in the Chiltern Village League until it's demise in 1997, when we joined the Millman League and in 2012 the club was a founding member of the Bedfordshire Invitation Saturday Cricket League.
In 2014 our Midweek XI were runners up in the third division of the Bedford Midweek League and our 1st XI were the winners of the Bedfordshire Invitation Saturday League Division 2. Promotion for both our teams in the same season.
In 2016 the club launched a ladies team that will be playing friendlies throughout the season and beyond. This is the only ladies team playing regular matches in Bedfordshire and any ladies or girls, no matter what experience or age are welcome to join our club and give it a go. More information can be found by contacting our ladies captain whose details are on the 'About Us' section.
The club still retains its link with the Methodist Churches in Kempston but has welcomed many members from the wider community and continues to do so to this day. We would welcome any new players who would be interested in turning out for us. For details on how to join our friendly family club please see the page About Us.